Saturday, August 17, 2013

Olive U!

Olive U!  Well, if you say it really fast it does sound like "I love you", right? OK...maybe not! Maybe just a little!? :)

This next custom job we painted was just an ordinary older chair.  Nothing fancy about it.  Here is what it originally looked like:



These are the type of jobs we love!  Transforming something that needs a little attention and making it look new.  

Erika already had the fabric she wanted to use for the chair pad, seen above, in a warm leather brown.    
She had a great swatch of earthy colors she wants to use in her space, so I matched the paint to one that she already picked out from a local paint store. We decided to go with Olive Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®. 



Olive in its true form was a little too dark, so we mixed 3 parts Olive to 1 part Old White.  I am always amazed how much I end up loving Annie's colors once I paint something with it.  I have never used Olive before and really didn't have an opinion about it. 

As you can see from the below pictures, my kitchen (yes, that was my studio this past week), is painted fairly similar to Olive. The chair fits perfectly, right?  Hmmm, I thought to myself....  Maybe I could tell Erika a disaster occurred, the chair suddenly disappeared! or... It got up and walked away on its own.  (OK... totally joking! Maybe! ...uh, not really!)  So it got me thinking----Oh, what could I paint in my kitchen in this color!  See the stool peeking at you in the right hand side of the picture in the oak color?  
Yep, I'm thinking OLIVE! Another project, Another Day!


  After sanding the edges to give the chair more character and to draw out the detail, I used Annie's Soft Wax to seal it and buffed it a lot. 




I love how it turned out! The color of the chair pad and antiquing the edges just pulls all the colors together.  

Here is the chair in Erika's home.  It fits right in with the color of the flooring and walls. Looks great! 

Thank you Erika for giving us the opportunity to transform your lovely chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment